Although dry shampoo has been a popular time saver, have you ever priced it? Youch….Read on to find out how to create your own dry shampoo in 5 minutes or less, and you will NOT have to pay for convenience.
Time Required: 5 minutes or even less
Here is what you need:
- A hair brush
- Corn starch, flour, baking soda, ground oatmeal or corn meal (whichever one is handy)
- (optional) Essential oils
- Sprinkle a small amount of the powder in your hair.
- Use your fingers to work the powder into your hair.
- To remove the powder, brush your hair, and all of the excess oils will come with it! (How does it work?)
- Like perfumed dry shampoo? Try to customize the recipe by adding 2-4 drops of essential oil. (You wouldn’t want any accidental ingestions, so make sure to label the container where you store your dry shampoo.
- Prefer to use it on a regular basis? Just fill a shaker, and keep that in the bathroom.
Want more recipes? Read our latest dry shampoo recipes…